Visa Information

Information extracted from

Documentation required to travel to Spain varies according to the country of origin.

  • If you are a citizen of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein: you need a valid passport or ID card. Under 16s can be included on the passport of their father, mother or tutor, as long as they have the same nationality as the passport holder and are travelling with him/her. Furthermore, if the young person is travelling with an ID card, this should be accompanied by parental authorisation.
  • If you are travelling from one of the following countries (Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, the USA, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, the Vatican, Singapore, Uruguay or Venezuela): you must present a valid passport, which will allow you to remain in Spain for a maximum period of 90 days.
  • If you come from another country, you should apply for a visa from the Spanish Consulate in your place of residence, subject to criteria established by the EU. You will also require a valid passport. You may be required to specify the reason for your application for entrance to Spain. Furthermore, if considered opportune, the Spanish authorities may require a document showing the establishment of accommodation in Spain, confirmation of booking on an organised tour, a return ticket or ticket for a tourist itinerary, or an invitation by a third party. In addition, they may also require you to show that you are in possession of sufficient funds for maintenance during your stay in Spain.

It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.

IMPORTANT!: Please, note that given conditions may vary or even may be wrong. It is only provided to help in getting started in the proccess of applying for a visa. We suggest that you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip. Here you can see the embassies and consulates in your place of residence.