ICWE 2009 - Call for Tutorials
ICWE invites proposals for tutorials that will provide conference participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and insights in a broad range of web engineering areas. Participants at the tutorials include researchers, scientists and practitioners who are seeking to gain a better understanding of the technologies, methodologies, tools, and techniques used to develop and maintain Web-based applications. A one-page summary of the accepted tutorials will be included in the conference proceedings.
Proposed tutorials can be either half (3 hours long) or full (6 hours long). Tutorial proposals should address issues related to the topics of the conference. Topics not mentioned in the general conference list are also encouraged as long as they are of special interest and relevance to ICWE.
Presenters should also make the slides available to the ICWE participants, either in hardcopy form or on-line.
Regardless of the number of speakers, tutorial allowance include a free registration for ICWE and an honorarium for half-day (full-day) tutorial of:
- 700 euros (1000 euros), if the number of registered attendees are below 20
- 1000 euros (1500 euros), if between 21 and 50 attendees.
- 1500 euros (2000 euros), if above 50 attendees.
This amount is per tutorial, not per speaker. If there are multiple speakers for the tutorial, the share of the honorarium that the speaker should receive must be indicated on the agreement form. Travel and accommodation arrangements are up to the speakers.
Tutorial proposals must clearly identify the intended audience and its assumed background. Proposals must be no more than 3 pages and must provide a sense of both the scope of the tutorial and depth within the scope. The intended length of the tutorial (3 or 6 hours) should also be indicated, together with justification that a high-quality presentation will be achieved within the chosen time period and the indication of the main learning outcomes. Proposals should also include contact information and a brief bio of the presenters. If the proposed tutorial has been given previously, the proposal should include where the tutorial has been given and how it will be modified for ICWE 2009.
- Extension: 3 pages.
- Format: The proposal should be submitted in PDF and cover the following points:
- Tutorial title.
- Tutorial abstract: 1-2 paragraphs describing the contents and goals of the tutorial to be included in the conference registration materials.
- Intended Length: 3 (half) or 6 hours (full).
- Description of the tutorial providing the scope (general topic area) and depth of the proposal, as well as its aims and learning outcomes.
- Intended audience and the assumed background.
- Presenter(s) contact information: name, affiliation, email, and optionally mailing address, phone and FAX numbers.
- Presenter(s) short biography demonstrating that she/he is an expert on the subject of the tutorial to be included in the conference registration materials.
- Relevant references.
- If the proposed tutorial has been given previously, indicate where the tutorial has been given and how it will be modified for ICWE 2009.
- Sample slides of the proposed tutorial, if available
- Deadline: February 17, 2009 (23:59 Hawaii Time)
- Submission place: Presenter(s) can use the main conference’s EasyChair system ICWE 2009 Submission site at EasyChair for the submission of their proposals. Tutorial proposals are submitted to the dedicated ICWE_TUTORIALS Track.
For additional questions or clarifications please feel free to contact the ICWE 2009 Tutorial Chair at email@example.com